NYSAB will be running and supporting various safeguarding campaigns throughout the year.
Safeguarding Week 2020
Due to restrictions around COVID-19, a scaled back Safeguarding Week 2020 will be undertaken as a virtual awareness raising campaign. Over the week (22nd-26th June) we will use social media to promote awareness to the public and professionals, to remind people that “Safeguarding is everybody’s business” and that concerns about abuse or neglect should continue to be reported to the Local Authority as normal during the Covid -19 pandemic.
Safeguarding Week 2020 will promote and raise awareness on how to report abuse of children, young people and adults, in North Yorkshire and the City of York and is supported by the Safeguarding Adults Boards, Safeguarding Children’s Partnerships and Community Safety Partnerships.
Representatives from each Partnership have met to develop proposals and plans for a coordinated social media campaign that makes use of and sign posts to, existing resources. As part of this #TellUsYourConcerns has been developed for use during Safeguarding Week 2020.
The overarching theme throughout the week will be How to report a safeguarding concern. In North Yorkshire, each day will also focus on a different safeguarding area as follows:
Monday 22nd June
Domestic Abuse (Inc. physical and emotional abuse)
Tuesday 23rd June
Keeping Safe Online
Wednesday 24th June
Radicalisation, Extremism and Prevent
Thursday 25th June
County Lines/ Cuckooing
Friday 26th June
Mental health and Wellbeing
An overarching press release will be issued for the week by the NYCC and CYC corporate communications leads on behalf of the partnerships. Lead professionals who are subject matter experts have been identified and are being contacted by corporate Communications colleagues to support information/queries around their respective areas. The NYSAB Chair will be doing a blog, more information is available at: www.safeguardingadults.co.uk
Post Safeguarding Week 2020 content on your social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook), for each Board and Partnership (see resources for content)
Follow the Boards and Partnerships on Twitter and retweet their social media posts
· North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adult Board: @NYSAB1
· North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership: @NYSCP1
· City of York Safeguarding Children Partnership: @YorkSCP
· City of York Safeguarding Adult Board: @CityOfYork
· North Yorkshire: @northyorks_ccg
· North Yorkshire Police: @NYorksPolice
· North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group Facebook @NorthYorksCCG
To share Safeguarding Week 2020 posts on your social media accounts and get messages out across your networks
Encourage colleagues to share this briefing pack and resources for Safeguarding Week 2020 and ask them to join you in supporting Safeguarding Week 202 campaign.
Please don’t forget the campaign hashtag in your posts #TellUsYourConcerns
Together we can stop abuse
- Together we can stop abuse – A5 Safeguarding adults leaflet
- Together we can stop abuse – leaflet (Arabic version)
- Together we can stop abuse – leaflet (Latvian version)
- Together we can stop abuse – leaflet (Lithuanian version)
- Together we can stop abuse (Razem możemy powstrzymać przemoc) – leaflet (Polish version)
- Together we can stop abuse – leaflet (Romanian version)
- Together we can stop abuse – A3 poster