This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how and why North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board (NYSAB) processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with our Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are we?
We are a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR The Care Act 2014 requires each local authority to establish a Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) for their area and specifies the organisations and individuals that should be represented on the Safeguarding Adults Board. North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board is a partnership of local agencies which consists of senior representatives of all the key organisations that work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of adults at risk in North Yorkshire.
We have appointed Veritau Ltd to be our Data Protection Officer.
Their contact details are:
Data Protection Officer
Tel: 01609 53 2526
What personal information do we collect?
In order to deliver our North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board responsibilities we will need to collect both personal and special category data, specifically:
Personal data collected:
- Personal identifiers (e.g. name, data of birth, address)
- NHS number
- Details of family members, associates and personal relationships
- History of behaviour that may cause safeguarding concerns
- Information about individuals who are reported as missing
Special category data collected:
- Ethnicity or race
- Religious beliefs
- Health information
- Details about sex life and/or orientation
‘Criminal Conviction/Offence History’
- Details of criminal offences and prosecutions
- Information about individuals who have a risk to vulnerable adults status
- Information about individuals who are released from prison
Why do we collect your personal information?
We need to collect this information for the following purposes:
- Service provision
- Fulfil our statutory obligation in relation to organising Safeguarding Adults Reviews and Lessons Learned
- Develop policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk
- Service improvement
- Prevention and detection of crime
Who do we share this information with?
In the course of performing our duties, we may share your information with a number of agencies who are key to delivering our service.
Within the council:
Our teams who form part of the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board, for example: Adult Safeguarding, Care and Support, Practice Team, Data Intelligence
Agencies we share information with:
- Partners of the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board, for example: North Yorkshire Police; national probation service; NHS; district councils
- Regulatory authorities such as Care Quality Commission and Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
We will share data appropriately with other agencies in the following circumstances:
- Where there is a serious risk of harm to you or others
- Where there are concerns for the welfare of an adult at risk
- Where a court requires us to share information about you
How long do we keep your information for?
We only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide services to you, and in line with our Record Retention and Disposal Schedule. The following table details the retention period for records relating to this service:
|Data held||Retention period|
|Safeguarding Adults Reviews||15 years from the date of publication|
|Records relating to the constitution and management of the NYSAB||4 years from creation|
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
With regard to personal data:
- Article 6(1)(c) – Legal Obligation
- Article 6(1)(e) – Public task
With regard to special category data:
- Article 9(2)(h) – Provision of health and social care
- Article 9(2)(c) – Vital interests
The legislations, policies and guidance that relate to this service include, but is not limited to:
- Care Act 2014
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
For more information about how we use your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice.