VCSE – Safeguarding Assessment Checklist
- This checklist and resources guide has been produced to support colleagues in the voluntary and community sector and can also be used by smaller organisations, working with children and adults to help organisations to identify what safeguarding arrangements they should have in place.
- It provides relevant statements about the organisation’s practices, to identify what is in place and what is not. It contains links to further guidance and resources to help an organisation learn more and implement any necessary actions. The majority of the requirements are ‘essential’, however, the lightly shaded boxes indicate good practice. The checklist includes:
- leadership, policies and procedures
- roles, responsibilities and supervision
- safer recruitment
- equality, inclusivity and a culture listening to children, young people and adults
- information management and sharing
- development of services.
The document has been prepared by Chief Officer of Hambleton Community Action, in partnership with Community First Yorkshire. A number of VCSE organisations piloted the checklist to test out the content and approach and North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board (NYSAB) and the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NYSCP) have been involved.