IDAS will work to fully safeguard our clients, staff and stakeholders during this uncertain and challenging time. We will continue to:
• Provide emergency refuge accommodation in North Yorkshire and Barnsley.
• Deliver 1-2-1 support to people affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence using methods other than face to face meetings e.g. video calling, live-chat or telephone support.
• Keep our helplines open as usual:
North Yorkshire / Barnsley: 03000 110 110 Sheffield: 0808 808 2241 National 24-hour helpline: 0808 2000 247
• Please bear in mind that our helplines might be busy and consider alternative forms of contact – e.g. email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Work in close collaboration with partner agencies to continue to safeguard people at risk, including providing Sanctuary measures where these are needed.
• Seek and continue to share information with partners in order to safety plan around high-risk cases.
• Provide emergency face to face appointments where these are essential. However, in response to the new government guidance, from the 23rd of March we will:
• Provide the vast majority of our support of community clients (IDVA and ISVA services) via video calling, telephone, email or live-chat.
• Cancel all training and events for a period of at least six weeks.
• Cancel all drop-ins, coffee mornings and groups for at least four weeks. We will provide further updates over the coming weeks and wish you all the very best during these difficult times.